Thursday, October 18, 2007

Birthday Bag

It was my friend's birthday, so of course I needed something cute to put her gift in. I covered this brown paper bag with cardstock, and stamped the tissue paper to match. I also made a coordinating criss cross card.


Papers: Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Rose Red Prints Designer Series Paper
Inks: Rose Red, Chocolate Chip
Stamps: Priceless, Sincere Salutations, Tag Time, Office Accroutrement
Accessories: Circle Punches, Brad, 5/8" Grograin Ribbon, Corner Rounder

To make a criss cross card: Cut 2 pieces of cardstock 5 1/2" by 4 1/4". Cut one of the pieces in half diagonally. I think you will be able to understand better by looking at the pictures rather than me trying to explain it. Lay your diagonally cut pieces like I have shown in the pictures below. Adhere the diagonal pieces to the cardstock only on the outside edges. (You want to be able to insert a card inside.) And that's it! Just make an insert and you're done!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOHHH, I learned a better way to do this card, thanks Kanani. I was using my 12x12 paper and wasting that. Thanks again. Courtney

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute card idea! I'm going to borrow it from you. I also really love the stamped bag and tissue paper, too cute.