Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Simple One Layer Cards

One of the free stamp sets that came in our bags at convention was Eastern Blooms. I love the flower branch in this set! I wanted to use this set at my last stamp club to demonstrate simple one layer cards. I came across some cards at SCS that I cased or used for inspiration. These are really simple cards. And what's great about them is you can switch out the sentiment to match whatever occasion it is that you need.

I LOVE the simplicity of these cards.

This card is one of my favorites. It is a very simple card, but I love the colors, and the white on the branches really make this card pop. I lined the branches and the center of the flowers with a white gel pen. You can't really tell from the picutre, but the paper is soft sky blue. This card looks much better in real life.

All products used: Stampin' Up!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful simple cards. I have looked and looked at that stamp set but have not got it YET!

Anonymous said...

Love these cards. It reminds me of looking in a Crate and Barrel catalog.

Dianette Seda said...

I just love to take time to do simple one layer cards. They're not as simple as many might think, but the final result is actually great!

Check our sbs blog.

Mescrap said...

Beautiful ! I love the simplicity of the card.

The Rubber Maid said...

I too love the simple cards you are showing, they are just so pretty. Thanks for the encouragement on my cards 4 kids. The hospital is in 7th. heaven over my first delivery which was 70 cards and 30 notebooks. I have carpal tunnel from all that punching and cutting but I also have a great sense of accomplishment. I am now going to be getting some help from other stampers. YES !!! Pat

Becca said...

These are so simply elegant. Not too much and very beautiful. I tend to over do it a bit. You have inspired me to try something elegant next week.

Have a creative day,
Bela SBS05 Sistah

Jamie Martin said...

Beautiful cards, so clean and pretty :)

Melissa Buecher said...

kanani...hey! I sent you an email a while back but got no reply. It's Melissa Bagley from Madison, you know--I lived across the street from Meridee. Anyway, I am still getting over the fact that you are an SU! demonstrator. I saw your picture on Kristina Werner's blog from last year's convention and I was like HEY! I know that girl. Anyway, your cards look great and I too am a demonstrator, though I keep it on the down low for the most part with my old friends from Sexburg. I was reading your family blog and sorry to hear that you and Kurt are falling to pieces. I hope everyone returns to full health. Kurt was always good for a laugh, so you must be one happy lady! I guess I never knew you two got married. Anyway, I'd love to hear from you.

Janine said...

These are all so simple and gorgeous!!!

Cheryl said...

Love these cards! They're so simple looking but really catch your eye!

Anonymous said...

saw her on Mo's blog on my wish list....stunning - love how you have done the glitter round the neck - perfect..........
plastic key tags
id card printing urgent