Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sucker for Preschool

Owen and I have been working on his Valentines for his class party. We chose to do suckers and cover them with sucker covers. Of course I did the majority of the work, but Owen was great at stamping and circle punching.

These are always fun to make. I guesstimate the measurements depending on the size of the sucker. You should cut your cardstock as wide as the sucker (and wrapper), but you should leave about a 1/4" of excess cardstock at the top for the ribbon. Sometimes I fold the top of the wrapper down so I don't punch through it.

Once I have my cardstock cut, I score it in the middle. I then punch a hole in the middle of the score line. (This is where you will push the sucker stick through.) I then take my hole punch and punch 2 holes at the top. (This is where you thread the ribbon through.) To finish the front off, simply embellish as desired. I used my circle and scallop punches. When mass producing, punches make it go really fast.

*Tip: If you don't want to use ribbon and really want to speed the process up, you can simply just staple it shut.

This is that it looks like on the inside.
Papers: Purely Palmagranite, Pretty In Pink, Whisper White
Inks: Rose Red
Stamps: Happy Hearts (retired)
Accessories: 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Scallop punch, Grograin Ribbon, 1/4" hand punch, dimensional, suckers

3 comments:

The Rubber Maid said...

Love the sucker holders. Owen will be the Valentine giver in his group. I remember those days so well and they are so sweet. Pat

Jules said...

These are really cute!!!
WHat a great idea for a little treat!

marcie said...

So cute! Awesome idea for a memorable treat.
TFS.
Marcie SBS-5