Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Treat Sliders

I'm a little late getting these posted, but I wanted to get them up.


For Isaac and Owen's teachers, we made them popcorn sliders for their Halloween treats.

These Halloweeen Popcorn Pulls were created using the Creepy Crawly Designer Series Paper. The DP was cut 6 1/2" x 9 1/2", and scored at 2 1/4" and 6 1/2" to wrap around a standard size microwave popcorn pack. Mono adhesive (Snail®) was used the adhere the bottom and back seam, then the bottom was crimped with the Crimper. I created a band using the the DP as well, and used the tab punch for the pull.

Stamps: Batty for You
Papers: Basic Black, Whisper White, Creepy Crawly Designer Paper Series
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Crimper, Scallop Punch, 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" Circle Punches, Tab Punch

Here's another slider that I made, but instead of using popcorn, I used a hot chocolate packet.


































This is made the same way as the popcorn sliders, but I altered the dimensions to fit the hot chocolate packet. Instead of using the tab punch as the pull, I used ribbon. To use ribbon, you simply punch a hole in the front and in the back center of the slider about a 1/4" from the
top. Take about 20" of ribbon and fold the ribbon in half. Place the hot chocolate down against the fold. Hold the ribbons AND the hot chocolate at the opposite end of the packet from the folded ribbon, and insert the packet with the fold of the ribbon into the sleeve.
Push it all the way to the end of the sleeve. Thread one end of the ribbon from the inside of the sleeve through the hole to the outside. Repeat with the other side. Tie the ribbons into a knot and trim. Simply pull up on the tied ribbon and the packet will just slide out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love it! Someone sent me a card like this and I thought it was different, but I never thought of putting "something" in it! Now I have an idea for my DD's friends at Christams!
Love your ideas! TFS!
Hugs,
Joani