Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Stampin' Up! Convention

So just what is convention? Every year Stampin' Up! has convention. The location changes each year. This year it is in Denver, Colorado. Thousands of women who are all Stampin' Up! demonstrators come together for lots of stamping, ideas, classes, card swapping, and free stuff. This will be my first year attending since I just became an independant demonstrator in August. It is a requirement that you are a demonstrator to attend.

One reason people love convention is to swap cards with fellow demonstrators. What you do is make a certain number of cards like 100. All the same design or 50 of one and 50 of another design. Then on the floor you simply just trade cards with other stampers. And when you go home you have 100 new samples. Now some ladies are seriously loco in la cabesa when it comes to swapping. We're talking 1000 of cards. It is insane. I have been to a regional swap and only swapped 200 cards. It was crazy fun and I wished I had more to swap. People go all out with different designs and layouts. The only rule is: the cards must be made with 100% Stampin' Up! product.

This year convention is July 24-30 (I get home on my wedding anniversary). I got a crazy good deal on a flight. $94 round trip before taxes! I am way excited and will be rooming with 4 ladies I don't even know!

No comments: